Πέμπτη, 19 Ιανουαρίου 2012

Βόρεια Κύπρος – ιδιωτικοποιήσεις και απεργίες

Η τουρκοκυπριακή συντεχνία εργαζομένων στη λεγόμενη αρχή ηλεκτρισμού στα κατεχόμενα ξεκίνησε από σήμερα το πρωί επ’ αόριστον απεργία λόγω της κατάθεσης στη λεγόμενη βουλή νομοσχεδίων για τις ιδιωτικοποιήσεις.
Αναμένεται επίσης να πραγματοποιηθεί σήμερα απεργία στη λεγόμενη αρχή τηλεπικοινωνιών, λόγω των νομοσχεδίων για τις ιδιωτικοποιήσεις.

Online.com
...................................................
τροποποίηση και προσθήκες 20/1/2012

Οι ιδιωτικοποιήσεις αυτές εντάσσονται μέσα στα γενικότερα πακέτα λιτότητας που επιβάλλονται τα τελευταία χρόνια και προκαλούν μαζικές και δυναμικές αντιδράσεις από τα συνδικάτα. Την απεργία στην αρχή ηλεκτρισμού στηρίζουν και άλλα τ/κ συνδικάτα.

.............................
Απεργία στα κατεχόμενα οδηγεί σε διακοπές ρεύματος

Σε επ' αόριστον απεργία κατήλθαν χθες οι εργαζόμενοι στην τ/κ ''αρχή ηλεκτρισμού'', με αποτέλεσμα να παρατηρούνται διακοπές στην παροχή ηλεκτρικού ρεύματος στα κατεχόμενα.

Τα μέλη της συντεχνίας της ''αρχής'' πραγματοποιούν την απεργία ενόψει της κατάθεσης στην ψευδοβουλή ''νομοσχεδίων'' που αφορούν τις λεγόμενες ιδιωτικοποιήσεις.

Το λεγόμενο υπουργικό συμβούλιο στα κατεχόμενα συνήλθε εκτάκτως χθες το απόγευμα και αποφάσισε την απαγόρευση της απεργίας για 60 ημέρες.

Η συντεχνία ανακοίνωσε ότι αναστέλλει την απεργία, αλλά ότι οι εργαζόμενοι θα ασκήσουν το δικαίωμα να αρνηθούν να εργαστούν, σε ένδειξη διαμαρτυρίας για την απόφαση του λεγόμενου υπουργικού συμβουλίου.

Οι διακοπές στην παροχή ηλεκτρικού ρεύματος στα κατεχόμενα συνεχίζονται και έχει σταματήσει η παραγωγή στον ηλεκτροπαραγωγό σταθμό ''Teknecik'', ενώ άλλος σταθμός στα Γαστριά διοχετεύει ρεύμα εναλλάξ σε διάφορα μέρη των κατεχομένων, που φθάνει τα 50 μεγαβάτ ημερησίως, δηλαδή καλύπτει το ένα τέταρτο των ημερήσιων αναγκών ηλεκτροδότησης στα κατεχόμενα.

Ikypros.com

North plunged into darkness by electricity strike

By Simon Bahceli Published on January 20, 2012

TENS OF thousands of Turkish Cypriots were facing a cold, dark night yesterday evening as electricity workers began an indefinite strike over the plans to privatise the ‘state-owned’ provider KIBTEK. 
The strike, which began around 3.30pm yesterday afternoon, means that electricity workers will not repair broken supplies. By yesterday evening at least half of the north’s rickety distribution system had failed. 

A similar “indefinite strike” was announced earlier in the day by TELSEN, the union representing telecommunication workers. They too are refusing to repair broken services, and while workers remained in their workplaces yesterday, no work was being carried out. As with KIBTEK, there are plans to privatise the currently ‘state-owned’ telecom provider. 

Tuluy Kalyoncu, a spokesman for the ELSEN trade union representing KIBTEK workers, warned the strike would continue until the ‘government’ ditched its privatisation plans, which it says are part of a wider austerity package being imposed by the Turkish government in Ankara. Protests against the package have been ongoing since 2010, culminating in two mass protests and general strikes in January and March of last year. The protests appear however not to have dented the authorities’ determination to implement the package. 

During the day, the  ‘council of ministers’ sought to ban the strike, saying ELSEN had acted illegally by not giving a four-day warning prior to their action. Speaking after their meeting, ‘economy minister’ Ersin Tatar said a heart bypass operation had been disrupted at the ‘state’ hospital during the day because of a sudden power failure. He warned that the strike would have a negative effect on schools and workplaces, many of which would have to close if the strike continued. He added that the ‘government’ was always prepared to negotiate with the unions. 
ELSEN, for its part, said yesterday it had done all it could to oppose privatisation without resorting to such drastic action, and that it would continue to use its “democratic right to strike”.

“To ban a strike is not a democratic act, therefore we will continue to use our right not to work,” Kalyoncu said, adding: “It appears the government either did not believe our warnings or take us seriously. Therefore the blame for this does not lie with us”. 

Public reaction to the blackout was swift with online readers of Turkish Cypriot dailies divided over whether to support the unions. One reader, Ali Karacan said, “Damn you electricity workers! If KIBTEK had been privatised years ago we wouldn’t have had to put up with this nonsense. It should be privatised now and all the striking workers sacked”. Another reader who signed in anonymously said that although they were against privatisation of KIBTEK, the strike action would make reduce public support for the unions, making the ‘government’s’ plans easier to implement. 

Cyprus Mail

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου