Παρασκευή, 17 Ιουλίου 2015

Ανεστάλη η 24ωρη απεργία στο λιμάνι Λεμεσού


Riknews 15/7/2015
Την αναστολή της 24ωρης απεργίας που είχαν εξαγγείλει για την ερχόμενη Παρασκευή αποφάσισαν οι εργαζόμενοι στο λιμάνι Λεμεσού, οι οποίοι ανήκουν στις συντεχνίες ΠΕΟ, ΔΕΟΚ, ΣΥΑΛΚ και ΣΥΠΑΛΚ.
Την απόφαση των εργαζομένων χαιρέτισε με δηλώσεις στο ΚΥΠΕ ο Γενικός Διευθυντής του Υπουργείου Μεταφορών και Πρόεδρος της Αρχής Λιμένων Κύπρου Αλέκος Μιχαηλίδης.
Ο κύριος Μιχαηλίδης, θεωρεί πως οι συντεχνίες «έλαβαν σοβαρά υπόψη τις θέσεις που τους έχουν αποσταλεί για την εμπορικοποίηση του λιμανιού και εξέφρασε την ελπίδα ότι με τις συνεχείς συναντήσεις και διαβουλεύσεις, οι εργαζόμενοι θα επαναξιολογήσουν και την συνεχιζόμενη αποχή τους από κάθε υπερωριακή απασχόληση.
Επισημαίνοντας ότι οι διαβουλεύσεις είναι συνεχείς με τις συντεχνίες και τους εργαζομένους ο κύριος Μιχαηλίδης είπε ότι εντός της εβδομάδας θα επισκεφθώ τόσο το λιμάνι Λεμεσού όσο και το λιμάνι της Λάρνακας, για να ενημερώσει τους εργαζόμενους για τις διαδικασίες εμπορικοποίησης ενώ θα έχει συνάντηση με τις συντεχνίες για να εξετάσουν και το σχέδιο εθελούσιας αποχώρησης.
Υπενθυμίζεται ότι την Παρασκευή αναμένεται να υποβληθούν οι αιτήσεις των ενδιαφερομένων οίκων, ώστε γύρω στον Αύγουστο να κληθούν, όσοι προεπιλεγούν, να υποβάλουν προσφορές για τη διαχείριση του εμπορικού τμήματος του λιμανιού της Λεμεσού.
Σύνταξη: Εύη Μουρούζη


Massive delays caused by port overtime ban

Cyprus mail 15/7/2015
By Andria Kades
Port workers refusing to do overtime work is creating financial repercussions and serious delays in servicing ships at Limassol ports, port head George Pouros said on Tuesday.
“All ships are affected. There’s massive delays, less items are loaded and some ships bring less things to unload,” he said.
According to SIDIKEK PEO union member George Epaminondas “there are delays affecting about 20 to 25 per cent of the ships.”
In collaboration with other involved unions – DEOK, SYALK and SYPALK – they will hold a meeting on Wednesday to discuss whether to go ahead with a 24 hour strike scheduled for Friday after the Cyprus Ports Authority has told them they will be presented with a timeline and a future plan on July 20.
Pouros said he could understand employees concerns in wanting to secure their jobs but made no comments in regards to the union actions.
“They are told they will be safeguarded but that’s it. It’s just words and they want something concrete.”
Reacting to a statement issued by the Cyprus Shipping Agents on Monday that called the strike measures “unacceptable and inexcusable”, SYPALK general secretary Evgenios Zinonas called them hypocrites saying they were trying to mislead the media, public opinion and traders using untruths.
“How responsible are you when you accuse ‘a handful of employees’ that are shouting and asking for a pilot boar for seven years and instead are forced to work, because of their decency and professional conscience against all state and European safety rules?”
Zinonas said port employees are forced to take on two or three jobs because of understaffing and questioned whether the interests of the Cyprus Shipping Agents lied with the economy of the country or their own interests.
He called on them to take an active role in smoothing out tensions and differences rather than making this worse between the Ports Authority and the unions if they really care about the ongoing situations at the Limassol port.
Earlier this month, a supplementary item of €41.1m was added to the Cyprus Ports Authority (CPA) 2015 budget, covering payouts related to the pending privatisation of the ports at Limassol and Larnaca.
Broken down, €31.1 million will go towards buying back the licences issued to 116 porters, plus €10 million for the voluntary retirement of CPA staff who wish to exit.
Porters union representative Demetris Patsalos however said that while porters wish to bid for the services of navigation and towing, they have been asked to leave their jobs first.
A number of employees are expected to be made redundant once the ports’ commercial operations are handed over to private operators.
The privatisation of commercial operations at the two ports is an obligation stemming from the bailout deal between Cyprus and international creditors.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου